ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE TOUCHING YOUR TATTOO!
- Leave the bandage on for 2 hours minimum. Longer is fine if you are busy (not to exceed 24 hours)
- Remove bandage under running water (in the shower is usually best)
- Gently wash your tattoo with a liquid antibacterial hand soap (i.e.: Dial), using only your fingertips (no loofas, washcloths, etc.)
- Gently pat dry with a clean towel or paper towels.
- Apply a small amount of fragrance-free hand lotion 2x a day (i.e.: Aveeno, Eucerin, etc). DO NOT over-apply, use only as much as your skin can absorb. Breathability is key, NEVER apply any thick ointments, or more lotion than your skin can handle.
- If your tattoo is low on your body (i.e.: foot, ankle, etc.) you may want to elevate it to minimize swelling. You may also ice the area, but be sure to wrap the ice pack in a clean towel and a fresh layer of plastic wrap (to prevent moisture/sticking)
To prevent your tattoo from sticking to your sheets, you may want to wrap it in plastic wrap the first few nights. In this case, make sure your tattoo is clean and fully dry (No water, ointment or lotion between the skin and plastic).
THINGS TO AVOID DURING THE HEALING PROCESS:
- No hot tubs, jacuzzis, swimming pools, steam rooms, rivers, lakes, oceans, or unnecessary moisture. (Showers are ok, but avoid excessive contact with water.. no soaking)
- Avoid direct sunlight on your fresh tattoo. (Only use sunblock AFTER your tattoo has fully healed.)
- Avoid excessive movement in the area of your new tattoo, especially the first few days. Minimize exercise routines as much as reasonably possible.
- No picking, itching, scratching or slapping your tattoo. Let all flakes/scabs fall off naturally.
- No scented, or perfumed lotions… Fragrance free hand lotion only.
- No petroleum products or ointments.
- DON’T LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS, NO MATTER HOW MANY TATTOOS THEY HAVE. If you have any questions, please contact me or the shop.